Vegetable Stir Fry
Recipe Type: vegetarian
This is so easy to throw together. Cooking the rice takes a little time, but it’s worth it to make plenty, so you have leftovers for another meal!
- 2-3 tablespoons oil (I like peanut, sesame and soy oil blend)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 pepper, any color
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 lb mushrooms
- ¼ lb snap peas or snow peas
- small head cabbage, bok choy or napa cabbage
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- For the sauce:
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white vinegar
- sesame seeds, toasted, if desired
- Cook rice (if not using leftovers).
- Prep veggies by cutting into bite size pieces.
- Heat sauté pan or wok. Add oil, garlic and ginger. Let cook for a minute, then add mushrooms and broccoli.
- Cover and let steam for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce ingredients to blender, blend until smooth.
- Uncover and add other veggies. Cook until crisp-tender.
- Spoon veggies over rice and top with sauce.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds, if desired
If you are sensitive to soy, you can use liquid aminos as a substitute for soy sauce. Use whichever oil suits you best!