A super simple weeknight dinner!
- 1 lb ground turkey (you can also use chicken, beef, venison or pork)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard (or 1/2 tsp mustard powder)
- 1 small loaf baguette cut into 8-10 pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
- preheat oven to 400
- cut a thin slice of garlic off the end of your clove. Rub the garlic over both sides of each slice of bread, cutting another thin slice off after every couple of slices for the best garlic flavor. Then spread the face up side of bread with a thin coating of butter
- cook and crumble meat over medium high heat until cooked through
- add your bbq, mustard and ketchup to the meat and stir. Allow to heat through
- place bread in oven and toast for 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble, place a slice of bread on plate, top with meat and shredded cheese, if desired.
- Serve with raw veggies (peppers are our favorite for this meal)