Health Coach Confessions
Do you ever wonder how a health coach really lives? Do they really eat perfectly and get their workouts in all the time? Do they ever indulge? The answers – happily, no and of course we do! Following are some of my own lifestyle choices that might not jive with a “healthy living” mindset. However, I am happier and healthier than ever! Why? Read on…..
- I sometimes eat muffins for breakfast, and occasionally bagels, and I feel more satisfied and satiated than when I eat eggs for breakfast!
- I don’t always get enough veggies in each day. Sometimes, I just don’t feel like eating them!
- I don’t eat a lot of fruit. I love apples, but not many others.
- My weight fluctuates too! I don’t worry about it as long as my clothes are fitting well. Actually, I rarely weigh myself at all!
- I enjoy yoga and practice 2-3 times per week, and I try to fit in some Pilates and a couple of walks each week. I don’t enjoy boot camp workouts, but I will do HIITs sometimes. In my opinion, if you don’t enjoy your exercise, why would you stick with it? The answer? YOU WON’T! The key is to live an active lifestyle, not kill yourself with exercise you hate!
- Sure, we eat take-out food sometimes. We like pizza and cheese steaks. But we NEVER go to fast food places like McDonalds, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, KFC, etc.
- I eat mostly vegetarian, but sometimes I really enjoy a burger!
- While many people in the healthy living industry will chide you for your food choices, I will not! It isn’t about perfection (there’s no such thing!). I will also never advise you to count calories!
- I really do spend a lot of time reading and researching the newest nutrition info out there, but I don’t buy into a lot of it. Everyone needs to find what works best for themselves.
- I enjoy dessert regularly! I usually make a dessert for my family once a week – mostly on Sundays. And we enjoy every bite of it!
The bottom line is we should be focusing on living a happy life! When you are happy, you tend to be healthy – that mind-body connection is very real! Stop the negative self-talk, discover what you truly enjoy and the happiness will follow.